CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES VIA SHUTTERFLY OR HERE FOR PICTURES VIA TRACK MY TOUR!!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Enough Time

I recently read this quote from Elisabeth Elliot's book Discipline: The Glad Surrender:


There is always enough time to do the will of God. For that we can never say, 'I don't have time.' When we find ourselves frantic and frustrated, harried and harassed and 'hassled,' it is a sign that we are running on our own schedule, not God's.


It's so easy to say to God that He has given me too much; that His calling on my life is too much of a burden. Yet, when we really examine our lives, we see that it is our additional plans that overwhelm us. Too often we're trying to fit God's will in with our will and that doesn't work. His will is to replace our will. And when that's done properly, there is so much freedom, so much joy regardless of our circumstances. Some days I get it and it's a good day.  Some days I don't and if I take the time to reflect I see where I got in the way. I know that I'll never get it right every single day, but I do know that when I seek His will, when I purpose to fulfill it, no matter how difficult it may seem, my days are always better. And with that knowledge I ask Him every day to fulfill His will through me and to please not let me get in the way!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment