CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES VIA SHUTTERFLY OR HERE FOR PICTURES VIA TRACK MY TOUR!!

Friday, May 11, 2012

Dossier To China

We are Dossier To China (DTC) today!!!

I have such mixed emotions.  I'm very happy, of course.  All those months of work are over.  All the stress of paper chasing is behind me.  Whew!!  Yet, when I was doing that work I had a purpose and a goal.  Now... we wait.  We wait to be matched with our daughter which will most likely be many months.  Of course, I have lots of little ones and a hardworking husband to occupy my time and energy. But this process is very much a hurry up and wait process and that's not how I typically conduct my life.  God is stretching me big time through this walk.  I have finally submitted myself to the long wait and to God's timeline.

I tried to rush it by searching out our daughter through advocacy groups, blogs and other sites.  My true peace comes, though, when I relinquish the control and leave it up to our agency to match us.  I know that is the right path.  I know that is the path that will lead us to our daughter.  I've just been operating in rush mode for the last 5 months.  It took me a few weeks to transition to where I am now.

It doesn't mean that I probably won't slip every once in a while and get impatient.  I will take it to the Lord when that happens and rely on the Holy Spirit to bring the peace and patience that I cannot muster up in my own strength.

Well, now on to fundraising... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment