CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES VIA SHUTTERFLY OR HERE FOR PICTURES VIA TRACK MY TOUR!!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 47.. no, it's 48!

I stand corrected... it's actually day 48!  I've been off by a day all along!  Didn't realize it until I visited another adoption blog that said she got LOA yesterday at day 47.  I thought, recounted and I was wrong!  However, I still don't have that all-important LOA yet!! 

So, today is Day 47 of our LOA wait.  Should there be anyone reading this who is unfamiliar with that acronym, it stands for Letter of Acceptance (aka LSC- Letter Seeking Confirmation).  This is Ch*na's confirmation that they have reviewed our dossier and are giving us official approval to adopt Isabel.  We sign it and send it back to our agency and then begins a bunch of other bureaucratic steps that last about 11 - 13 wks until we can travel to Ch*na.  LOA waits that I have been seeing lately range from 48 - 68 days.  So, we are on the cusp of a typical wait.  If I were a betting woman (which I really am not), I'd say it'll be coming next week.  That could have us traveling late October/ early November.  Oh, man!  Why does this take SO long?!?

1 comment:

  1. We are anxiously awaiting too!! Day 55 for us! Good Luck to you :))

    ReplyDelete