CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES VIA SHUTTERFLY OR HERE FOR PICTURES VIA TRACK MY TOUR!!

Monday, January 7, 2013

First Day of School

Today was Will's first day of school. Let me explain, we are a homeschooling family, but we also realize that every child is different and there are different seasons in life when changes need to be made. We schooled through summer knowing that we would take a long break when we were in Ch*na. Mid-December, after taking about 6 weeks off and home only 2 weeks with Isabel, I decided to homeschool my 3 students with a preschooler and 2 toddlers. It did not go well. After a few days, Jim and I came to terms with what we knew already for months, I could not give Will the time and attention he needed for school.

Although a hard decision, we also had peace.  Will is attending a very wonderful Christian school.  In fact, it has the word "missionary" in the title of the school. Love it! Academically challenging with Christ at the center.  He had a wonderful first day.  He really seems to enjoy it and is even taking the 2 hours of homework tonight in stride (although I'm not that fond of it!).

We missed him today, but I do believe for this season that he is right where he should be. I love you, my son!  May God continue to guide your steps!


1 comment: