CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES VIA SHUTTERFLY OR HERE FOR PICTURES VIA TRACK MY TOUR!!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pregnancy Pains

Being old and pregnant just don't go well together!

Add to that this being my 6th pregnancy… oh, boy!!

I am now 5 months along and it's been a rough road.  I had the all-day nausea and exhaustion in the first trimester.  I also have developed that all-to-unsightly and painful varicose veins with a good amount of ugly spider veins to go with it.  (Only on the left leg though!)

But this new symptom… ugh!

I am bloated and gassy ALL THE TIME.  It's painful and uncomfortable. TMI, I'm sure, but it has to be stated that this is the worse symptom I've experienced thus far.  

I am still able to run on the treadmill 3 days/wk.  I eat healthily (usually).  I cannot put my finger on it.  What is causing this?  

My OB thought I wasn't drinking enough water, so I upped the water.  That didn't work.

I thought maybe it was the one cup of tea with cream I was having every morning.  So, I cut that out.  Nope, that wasn't it.

I am on a quest to figure this one out.  Whether or not I do, I DO know that a baby girl is in there growing and staying healthy.  That truly is worth it!

And just in case you need a lovely pregnancy profile shot, here is me in all my bloated preggy-ness! :)

22 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! The prize is just a few more months away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you believe that I just now found your blog? I was searching for photos of Zhengzhou CWI and while reading about your trip to adopt Isabel I thought, "Wow, they look REALLY familiar!" I glanced at the date and realized that my sons, sister and I were ON that trip!

    I'm glad to see that your family is doing so well! And, congratulations on your new addition!!

    ReplyDelete