CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES VIA SHUTTERFLY OR HERE FOR PICTURES VIA TRACK MY TOUR!!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

16 Months

Today, my darling Isabel is 16 months old.  She was not quite 10 months old when I saw her face for the first time on a Friday afternoon...


I emailed my agency, but it was after hours.  I prayed all weekend.  I was sure she was our daughter.  Monday brought sad news.  Other families had already requested her file and I was put "on the list."  Well, I was sure that was it and I was heartbroken.  Weeks passed as we continued to complete our dossier and submit it to Ch*na.  Then 3 weeks to the day I was told I was on the list, I received the call.  The other families said no.  She wasn't their daughter.  

She was OURS!!


I have watched her grow up from afar...

We celebrated her 1st birthday without her...



We learned through her updated reports that she is making amazing progress...


...which is wonderful, but she's still without her family.

15 more days until we leave.  19 days until she is in our arms... finally!






1 comment:

  1. She is just beautiful and I cannot wait to see her in your arms. 2 weeks from today we will be in China. Cannot wait to meet you and your family and your sweet girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete